Thursday, March 8, 2012

Anachronistic and Impulsive


So.....so so so....where to even begin.

I guess the prick of ire that is tearing my side would be prime real-estate for our start. Fuck people who fuck me over. Seriously. I've been doing this theatre/film thing for a hot minute now. I, at any given time, have three or four projects overlapping and I still make do. From what I've learned, that's what you HAVE to do in this industry to make any semblance of a success. So, someone backing out on me cause they have 'too much going on' is UNACCEPTABLE in my book. ESPECIALLY when others have already been busting their butts to get the damn project going.

Not only that, but two days...wait, not even, a day and a half before the shoot!? Really!? So...yesterday your schedule was so-so, but tonight? Oh no no no, now...too much going on! Sorry mate. 'Hope your shoot goes well; I'm sure it will.' What!? You are!? But...you were bringing all our equipment AND crew! Fuck me running!

So, yeah, uber pissed. A plague of locusts on faux filmmakers and hacks.

In other news, I'll be doing my first touring job come the end April and the start of May. I'm the touring lighting designer for a production called 'Rejoice, Dear Hearts: And Evening with Brother Dave Gardner'. It's a one man Comedy that's touring four or five theatres. Pretty exciting. It'll be good experience and good money. Good money that I'm hoping and aspiring will get my car up and running.

If that happens it'll open up a lot more opportunities for me.

In other recent news, I've been on the Convention circuit, screening 'Perception' and running amok with my fellow film folk. It's been an exhausting good time. Meeting some cool new people and what not. It's always interesting to go to these things, especially new ones cause there's really no way to tell how things are going to go down. I look forward to doing more and bringing more to these things. Con Nooga this year was different in a big way. Ya see...a friend of a friend decided he was going to join us. He a great guy, lots of fun, and he happens to look frighteningly similar to Kevin Smith. When I first met him I, half jokingly, said we should dress up as Jay and Silent Bob for Halloween or something and we had a good laugh about it. Well, when I learned he'd be joining us at Con Nooga the first thing I thought was 'oh man...we have to do the costumes' and so...we did. And holy crap, we were overwhelmed with people taking our picture and videos of us and all kinds of craziness. Albeit, we looked and acted the parts, no doubt, but hell's bells you'd think we were hot asian girls with all the photos being taken. We'll definitely be doing it again next year at Con and 'uping the anty' as they say. So, that will be fun.

On the horizon I'll also be auditioning for a big production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. I'm extremely excited about it. I love Shakespeare. The challenge it poses for actors is too great an opportunity to pass up, plus it's with a reputable company I did some work with in the past and it's going to have a decent budget. The venue is awesome too. A very cool theatre in the round style amphitheatre. The director is also amazing. Worked with her on a dozen or more shows and she really does a top notch job in all areas. There are several parts I'd be more than happy to play, but I think I'm really hoping for King Oberon. Puck would be amazing too, but I don't think I fit the physical archtype for the character, but then again, I don't know. The director has done some amazing things in the past that were quite surprising.

And finally, a big ol' gun slinging, heart throbbing, project with my dear Brother Black Bird from MadOnes Films. I can't go into details yet, but suffice it to say...it's going to be fucking awesome...IF we can pull it together to the degree it needs to be pulled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment