Friday, May 20, 2011

Things are Horrible.

So, staying busy is definitely working out for me.

Currently I have my lighting and special effects work with Arts Alive's production of Les Miserable. Such a good, impacting show. I'm actually thankful to be a part of it. I hope my design is to everyone's liking and it serves to strengthen the show. I like doing lighting jobs. It's difficult and I feel like I have something of a knack for it. Although, I am getting a little burned out on it. This is my fifth show this season.

Aside from that I've got to get things prepped for my Shakespeare camp this summer. After that I'm directing a teen production of A Comedy of Errors. I like directing. It gives my visualization ability a good work out. The camp should be fun, as well. I do enjoy teaching. Especially to these kids who want to be there, who want to hear what I have to say. Not that I think I'm god's gift to theatre or anything, but I do feel I have some knowledge to impart.

Perception is in post and looking good. I'm excited to see it and I hope it's the first of many films I'll direct.

And probably the biggest news of all right now...I was cast as Dr. Horrible in the Plaid Player's summer production of Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Woo-freakin-hoo. I cannot emphasize enough how excited I am. It's been a year since I've been on a stage, so that's exciting in and of itself, but the fact that it's a musical that I thoroughly enjoy just makes it that much better. Also, I'll be designing and building a lot of special props for the show, which is always a blast. And to top it all, the proceeds go to charity for Tornado relief. Can't beat that. I like using my talents to bring joy into people's lives and now I get to do that times two.

I love staying busy. I love my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment