Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can You Dig It!?

SO!... This weekend we begin principal photography on 'Perception'. I find it's tricky switch hats. Getting my head in the 'director mind set' has been difficult, to be perfectly honest. I usually blanket to creative process, so to speak, but for this I feel the need to focus in specific areas, so I'm trying to do just that. I find that I'm way too critical of myself and I am more than a worried about the criticism of others. Directing is something I have limited experience with, admittedly, and it don't really have a gauge to determine whether or not I feel any good at it. What's more is not only am I directing this film, but later this summer I'll be directing a teen production of Shakespeare's 'A Comedy of Errors' and then again near the end of the year I'll be directing another teen production of 'Arsenic and Old Lace'. I mean...people are asking me to do this, so I guess there is a consensus or over all feeling that I'll be good at it. Of course, with that in mind all I can do is worry about 'letting people down'.

I find myself with an almost continuous headache, these days. I can't tell if it's from stress or from my lack of eating and sleep.

In other news, my swivel dolly is gonna be sweet, I think. If I can manipulate the track the way I need, it should be in good shape. I wonder if building these to sell is a viable option.

OH! And I got an iPod touch. I can't believe I'm even blogging about it. But man, is it great. Music at my fingertips, a digital calendar, and all sorts of useful stuff. If anything, it's a good test to see how much use I actually get out of such a device.

Good tangent...anyway, despite my apprehensions I am excited about all that's going on and coming my way. If nothing else it will be an invaluable learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. The first shoot is always the hardest. I get so stressed out and crazy. You will do fine though. People like you. :-) That's the number one most important thing. If you can't get people on board with what you're doing you're lost. Just remember there is only one Director on the set. And you will have plenty of people around you who are supporting you at every step.

    ReplyDelete